Contact us

(602) 730 2540

Send us an email!

Contact details:


Your message has been sent successfully. Close this notice.

Flood Insurance Quote

Contact details:

Property details:

Is flood insurance required by your lender?

Yes, it is. No, it is not.

Loan Value?

If your loan value is greater than $250,000 would you like to insure your property for that increased value?

Yes, please! No thank you.
Your Quote Form has been sent successfully. Close this notice.

Car Insurance Quote

Contact details:

Number of Drivers in Household?

Number of Autos?

Would you like to maximize savings with a combined Home & Auto quote?

Yes, please! No thank you.

Do you have any of the following?

Your Quote Form has been sent successfully. Close this notice.

Life Insurance Quote

Contact details:

Level of protection: $

Your Quote Form has been sent successfully. Close this notice.

Home Insurance Quote

Contact details:

Additional details:

What is your situation?

Would you like to maximize savings with a combined Home & Auto quote?

Yes, please! No thank you.
Your Quote Form has been sent successfully. Close this notice.
4 years ago · by · 0 comments

Elevation Certificates – Do I need one?

The short answer?  It depends on your situation.

The longer answers:

 I want to purchase flood insurance:

  •  If you qualify for a ‘Newly Mapped’ policy, no Elevation Certificate is required to place coverage.  Additionally, if you qualify for a ‘Newly Mapped’ policy and have an Elevation Certificate, the EC won’t make a difference in your premium for several years.
  •  If you are purchasing a property that requires mandatory flood insurance and the last map revision was more than 12 months ago, you will need a current Elevation Certificate to place a National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) policy.
  •  If you have a property like that described in #2 above you have the option in most states to purchase flood insurance through an alternate carrier that does not require an Elevation Certificate.  This option is available in all states except AK, DC, HI and KY with some geographical limitations and only available for homes in an A/AE/AO flood zones.  The good news is that this carrier offers increased structure and contents limits beyond those offered by NFIP ($250,000 structure/ $100,000 contents).  The alternate carrier currently offers up to $750,000 structure/ $200,000 contents.

  I want to remove my property from the floodplain:

  • A current Elevation Certificate will be required along with several other legal documents to submit your Letter of Map Change to FEMA requesting removal of the property from the floodplain.
  •  The Elevation Certificate must be on the most recent Department of Homeland Security approved Elevation Certificate form, and must include the benchmark datum used, pictures taken after the most recent FEMA map revision date and be stamped and be signed by a Registered Land Surveyor or Civil Engineer with stamp and signature dated more recently than the most recent FEMA map revision date.
  •  Even with an Elevation Certificate, a property in an AO (alluvial fan) floodplain cannot be removed from the floodplain without additional documentation of ‘As Built’ measures to remediate or provide erosion control.




Read more

4 years ago · by · 0 comments

Mapped into a FEMA floodplain – Now what?

Have you recently been mapped into a FEMA floodplain?

Don’t panic, there may be options.

When FEMA maps your home into a Special Flood Hazard Area (SFHA) it’s because the calculated Base Flood Elevation (BFE) suggests that your home, based on surrounding topography, is in an area with an increased risk of flooding.  Or, also defined as the 100 year floodplain – or has a 1% risk of flooding in any given year.

[SFHA – A Special Flood Hazard Area (SFHA) is an area identified by the United States Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) as an area with a special flood or mudflow, and/or flood related erosion hazard, as shown on a flood hazard boundary map or flood insurance rate map.

BFE – The computed elevation to which floodwater is anticipated to rise during the base flood. Base Flood Elevations (BFEs) are shown on Flood Insurance Rate Maps (FIRMs) and on the flood profiles.  The BFE is the regulatory requirement for the elevation or floodproofing of structures. The relationship between the BFE and a structure’s elevation determines the flood insurance premium.]

That 1% risk in any given year may seem low but, statistically speaking, if you live in the same home for the life of a 30 year mortgage you have a 1 in 4 (26%) chance of being flooded.  That’s why you are considered to be in a ‘high risk’ area.

However, not all property owner risk is equal.  Why?

FEMA does not manage the SFHA at the property level when establishing floodplain boundaries.  So, if you think your property has been inappropriately drawn into the floodplain there are a series of steps that can be taken:

1)  Acquire an Elevation Certificate

2)  Review the Elevation Certificate to determine:  Does the property qualify to request removal from the floodplain?

3)  If ‘YES’ to #2 above, submit to FEMA requesting removal of the structure/property from the SFHA

4)  Wait for FEMA Flood Zone Determination Letter informing you of the decision

In the meantime, if flood insurance is required by your lender, take advantage of ‘Newly Mapped’ program rates rather than allowing the lender to provide force-placed coverage.  Force placed coverage is typically provided by the lender at a cost of $2400-$3600 annually while ‘Newly Mapped’ coverage is only $475 as of the date of this post.

‘Newly Mapped’ coverage is available as an option for 12 months from the date of the FEMA map revision.  However, a lender is required to implement force-placed coverage 45 days after their initial notice to you that the property has been placed in an SFHA.  So, don’t allow the lender to provide force-placed coverage thinking you have plenty of time to take advantage of the ‘Newly Mapped’ program.

Not only is force-placed coverage expensive, but it can be difficult to get the lender to refund the force-placed premium even if you are able to get out of the floodplain within 12 months of the FEMA map revision date.

Have questions or need assistance with any of the above?  Give us a call, we can help!




Read more

Take care of your family!

Insurances for
your family's future

Inadequate life insurance and auto insurance could rob your family of the life they deserve. Losing you is loss enough, make sure they remember you for remembering them!

Mailing Address

Orbis Vestra
Aaron Eckburg

44047 N 43rd Ave #75604
Phoenix, AZ 85087

Contact details

(602) 730 2540

Available 8:00am - 8:00pm

All insurance policies written through
ACC Insurance Agency, LLC and Eckburg, PLLC;
Arizona resident licensed brokerages.

Licensed - AZ, CA, CO, MI, OH, FL, UT, WA